There are two upcoming conferences in the fall of 2020 that NPA members can attend with NPA Conference Funding. The first is WPATH, which has a unique surgeon’s program for all budding surgeons and the second is Advancing Excellence in Transgender Health by Harvard Medical School and the Fenway Institute.
26TH SCIENTIFIC SYMPOSIUM – VIRTUALLY, NOVEMBER 6-10, 2020
The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) is an interdisciplinary professional and educational organization devoted to transgender health.
- Student membership is available at $35 (US)* per year
- Student Member – main Conference Regular Fee $225.00
- Due to the price difference of the non-member main conference regular fee ($570.00) NPA plans to reimburse $225.00 so that as many Netter students can go as possible.
- SURGEON’S PROGRAM: Facial and Chest/Breast/Body, Adolescent and Ethical Issues in Gender Surgery, Vaginoplasty, Phalloplasty; What’s New in Gender Surgery and Surgical Abstracts
- Mental Health – Child & Adolescent
- Endocrinology – Adult
- Endocrinology/Hormone Therapy – Child & Adolescent
- Non-Binary and Gender Queer Identities
- Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Health Services
Advancing Excellence in Transgender Health
October 17th – 19th, 2020
Harvard Medical School and the Fenway Institute
This conference was developed in response to the high volume of queries from clinicians and health care staff seeking to learn about providing high-quality care for adults, adolescents, and children who are questioning their gender identity or who identify as transgender or gender-diverse (TGD). This conference is designed to train the whole health care team in providing responsive and confident gender-affirmative health care, grounded in research evidence and best clinical practices.
- Allied Health Professional $400
- Gender Affirmative Health Care
- Unconscious and Implicit Bias
- Considerations for TGD Providers Caring for TGD Patients
- Gender-Affirming Hormone Therapy
- Behavioral Health Care
- Primary and Preventative Health Needs
- PrEP and HIV Prevention
- Puberty Blockers and Hormone Therapy for Youth
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Transgender Legal Issues
- Collecting Gender Identity Data
- And more!